Getting to Know Captain Zach
We’ve got a pretty great team here at Tahoe Sport Fishing. And we’re giving you the chance to learn a little about your potential Captain before getting out on the water. Or perhaps you’ve already been out with them and want to learn more, either way, we’ve got the answers to the fishing questions and some quirky personal ones as well. First up, Captain Zach Gordon.
- Q: How long have you worked for Tahoe Sport Fishing?
- A: 15 years
- Q: How many different positions have you had at TSF?
- A: I’ve worked as a Deckhand, a Captain, and a Fleet Manager
- Q: Favorite place to fish on the lake?
- A: The West Shore of Lake Tahoe.
- Q: Favorite fish to eat?
- A: Fresh sockeye salmon from the lake.
- Q: What’s your biggest catch ever? And your biggest catch in Lake Tahoe?
- A: The biggest ever was a 13 ft hammerhead. And the biggest Tahoe catch was a 25 lb. mackinaw.
- Q: What do you like to do when you’re not fishing?
- A: I like to snowmobile in the winter and spend time outside with my 4-year-old in the summer.
- Q: What kind of music do you like to play on the boat?
- A: Miley Cyrus/Katy Perry
- Q: Favorite restaurant in Lake Tahoe?
- A: MacDuffs – they’ll even cook the fish you catch on a Tahoe Sport Fishing charter for you!
- Q: What is your top Tahoe recommendation?
- A: Spend a day driving around the lake and checking out all the sites.
Now that the basics are out of the way, let’s get into some more personal questions! This could or could not give you some insight on our Captains. Let’s see.
- Q: What is your favorite food?
- A: BBQ
- Q: How do you take your coffee in the morning?
- A: Black
- Q: What’s your favorite movie?
- A: Hot Rod
- Q: Where is your favorite place to travel? Or where would you like to most go next?
- A: Hawaii is my top travel destination.
- Q: What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- A: My son.
- Q: Do you have any pets?
- A: Yes, a 5 y/o Pit/Lab mix
If you’re looking to fish on Lake Tahoe with Captain Zach, give us a call (530.541.5448) or book online. We’re looking forward to a fun summer with everyone! 🎣